About Me

My photo
I am a freelance Illustrator based in Lincoln. Creating art and doing crafty things.

Tuesday 17 February 2009

Daft Punk Essay

You would think that being on an art course, art being very practical, that essays would be a thing of the past. Wrong! They are very much alive a well. The good thing is for most of them we get to choose what ever we want. And so I am currently watching my Daft Punk dvd "Interstella 5555". I'm not slacking off... seriously. It is relevant, I think that this was Daft Punk's most important era. This dvd is basically a feature length animation of their "Discovery" album. Leiji Matsumoto was involved in the animation process of this movie, so no wonder the animation is so smooth. You would expect an anime based movie to be clumsy at times. but this is so well done, I am currently watching the "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" video and even the hair moves . It is all in time with the music too!
If you love animation, you love illustration, and you love Daft Punk this is a must have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment